ANXIETY DISORDER COUNSELLING
Anxiety disorders take many forms. They could manifest as broadly as Generalized Anxiety Disorder or they could be as specific as social phobia or hydrophobia.
A person suffering from Anxiety Disorder has the constant urge to exhibit our Fight/Flight/Freeze instinct. In other words, the person always feels attacked and therefore is unable to experience a high quality of life. Many times, their response is dismissed as a personality quirk or evidence of their cowardice. As a result, the person lives under a cloud of shame.
Thankfully, help is within reach. Since depression and anxiety have huge areas of overlap – in symptoms and intervention methodologies – our in-house experts are equipped to handle both.
THE BLUE NILE PROCESS FOR ANXIETY DISORDERCOUNSELLING
The Blue Nile Methodology
- Educate on the symptoms and framework of depression – including masked depression
- Seek psychiatric intervention if needed
- Offer complete acceptance and space without demanding an immediate change in behavior
- Address the current and past triggers for depression – for catharsis and clarity
- Propose an incremental process – with baby steps taken in the beginning
- Focus not just on emotions, but also on physical and psychosomatic aspects of behavior – nutrition, sleep patterns, exercise etc
- Highlight the positive aspects of the past
- Catalyze empowering actions in the present
- Help create positivity towards the future
- Educate on effective management of emotions and stress
- Reengineer core beliefs
- Resolve negativity stemming from defining past events – either within or by taking concrete actions
- Develop a strong support structure of relationships
- Augment physical fitness to augment mental wellness
- Implement lifestyle changes – including a career change, if required
- Revamp relationships that induce anxiety
- Set goals that are realistic as well as harmonious
Our areas of expertise
Anxiety disorders, Depression, Marriage Counselling, Relationship Counselling, Adolescent Counselling, Child Counselling, Career Guidance and many more.
Counselling and Life skills go hand in hand and hence we offer varied services that enable you to get the best of life skills.